About NCTC Education
A MESSAGE FROM EDUCATION DIRECTOR STEPHANIE TEMPLE
Dive in! At NCTC, we believe students learn by doing. Whether you’re an elementary school student taking your first class or an adult dusting off those skills from college, we want you to feel safe to jump. And if we do our job right, you’ll feel the support of our theatre community ready to catch you. So, come on–take the plunge and live LOUDLY.
WHY YOU SHOULD YOU TRAIN WITH NCTC
- Students get a fully immersive acting experience through comprehensive training and performance opportunities.
- Limited class sizes ensure your child gets our full attention and more stage time.
- Our work is ensemble-based, meaning we work as a team and everyone gets a chance to be celebrated.
- Rather than using the typical “plays-in-a-box,” we work with our students to create unique theatre pieces based on themes or known stories. This approach allows them to be part of the process and create something all their own.
- Working in a real theatre space, our students get to be a part of the hustle and bustle of a professional company.
- We offer grant and donor-funded scholarships to our community of young theatre makers.
- Previous students have gone on to study theatre at top schools such as NYU, Yale, Stanford, USC, UCLA, Northwestern, and AMDA. But we’re just as proud of the ones who’ve become teachers, social workers, medical professionals and entrepreneurs.
- Learn from our top-notch teaching staff of theatre professionals led by Education Director Stephanie Temple with nearly 30 years experience in educational and professional theatre.
- NCTC is committed to celebrating differences and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for students, families, guests and all members of our staff