YouthAware Productions help students and teachers navigate topics that might otherwise be difficult to approach in a classroom setting. Since 1986, YouthAware’s innovative health and wellness programs for grades K-8 have explored issues such as self-care, peer pressure, bullying, substance abuse, violence, homophobia, gender identity, stereotypes, race, cultural competency, and HIV/AIDS awareness. Our performances are developed to address the ever-shifting cultural and social landscapes of our times.
YouthAware programs support state-wide health and wellness curriculums and are designed to help schools and communities better understand matters of equity and inclusion in a safe, engaging format.
- 20-50 minute plays, followed by post-show dialogues with students
- Plays presented both at NCTC and in schools throughout the Bay Area
- Plays are cast to reflect our diverse Bay Area audiences
- Original scripts commissioned by local playwrights
- Low to no-cost tickets and tours
- Supplemental guides for educators
Contact Education Program Administrator Jamie Brooke (she/they) at Jamie@nctcsf.org or (415) 694-6159.